Thursday, December 13, 2012
Tra la la la la, la la la la. Tis the season, right? In order to bring more jolly to your favorite composter, I’ve compiled a list of presents any composter will appreciate (and some are even handmade).
Feel free to forward this to a struggling spouse, there’s nothing wrong with dropping a little hint.
1. Turner/ Aerator Tool: These fantastically designed ergonomic tools make adding air to your compost pile a breeze. They are basically fancy metal sticks, but to a composter they are time-saving gems that will bring a smile for usually less than $25. Park + Vine.
2. Screener: You can make a screener if you're handy with a hammer and saw. Finished compost run through a screener is like pure happiness in a wheelbarrow to a composter.
3. Compost t-shirt: Compost Happens…Worm Hugger… A Rind is A Terrible Thing to Waste...what better way to show your love than a shirt with a funny or ironic saying? $20-$30 at Cafe Press.
4. Fancy kitchen collector: I received a stainless steel kitchen collector a few years ago and have to say it looks awful purty sitting on my counter. They come in bamboo, stainless steel, copper and a range of prices. Worm's Way or Park + Vine.
5. Origami liner: this present is purely DIY, but the reduction in kitchen collector cleaning will be appreciated just as much as an expensive gift. Grab yourself some old newspaper, a pair of scissors, and head over to this post which explains how to easily make compost liners out of old newspaper.
send me an email. You can pick one up for the bargain price of free from our office in Corryville.
Happy Holidays, composting friends!